2007-04-04

I need to do... more m$ stuff.

Wow, I found this blog really interesting: Vista Smalltalk. It is, you might have guessed it, Smalltalk for Vista, sort of. It's using .NET and Microsoft's "AJAX" WPF/E to do some very cool stuff in the browser. I happen not to like Smalltalk much though, i did a presentation on it when I was at university and I was not impressed. It lacked anything special enough for it to considered useful by me anyway.

The future will be very interesting when it comes to portable applications. Seems Microsoft really has got something going here, and sadly the XUL approach of Mozilla will not be able to compete here, even though it is not really aimed at the same thing. I really need to learn some .NET stuff for real soon, or I fear I will be obsolete in a short time.

No comments: